Sunday, February 7, 2010

Young Man Blues

Now, I’m not talking about my generation, I’m referring to the young men ten years my prior who will join together in the big leagues one day in the future, but, alas they are still a couple of years away. We've been told who the Top Prospects are before and we've been let down before, but we won't be fooled again into buying into player hype. I for one won't be, anyway. Anyhow…any…where was I? Oh yes I was writing a blog entry about my list of Dodgers Digital's 21 Best Prospects when my wife was like, “Why 21? Why not 20?"

Well, I did not come up with a number first and then fill up the list to that number, I merely listed my top prospects and they just happened to total 21. You will see the players divided into the 9 best pitchers and 12 best hitters, in my opinion. I have to agree with most ratings that Dee Gordon is our top position player, but I am one of the few who has Kyle Russell as the second best. It’s not like I can see for miles into the future, but to me, KR seems promising, as does my Number One ranked Dodgers pitching prospect, Aaron Miller. This guy is going to be riding the magic bus to LA sooner than Ethan Martin and, to me, has more upside, as well.

I can’t explain how I came up with these rankings, it is just my opinion of the player, but I have included their 2009 statistics. The point is, though, that if I ran into Lasorda on the street I’d say, “Hey Tommy, I watched The Baseball Bunch religiously as a kid and in my mind you will always be the Dugout Wizard! Tommy, can you hear me?! The kids are alright!"

Some may disagree with me on this Super Bowl XLIV Sunday, but I think I’m going to enjoy the halftime show. Long live rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment