Thursday, February 4, 2010

1 Cool Customer

Ned Colletti has played it so cool the past two winters, that from now on I will occasionally refer to him as Ned COOL-etti. He got us Padilla, Belliard, and Johnson all on the cheap, while Ausmus and Carroll were acceptable. After signing NRI's like Mientkiewicz, Amezaga, and Weaver, who else will Cooletti schmooze into accepting a spring invite? I would not mind seeing another experienced loogy or two out of the pen to compete with Zerpa and Elbert. There are plenty of free agents left unsigned and Cooletti is whispering sweet nothings in their ears already, promising roster spots that aren't even there yet.


When it comes to contract negotiations, Ned is as cool as the other side of the pillow, as cool as a cucumber, as cool as "Cool Whip", but also, Cooletti, is a cold hard ballbreaker when it comes to getting the guys we want for the price Frank wants. I'm sure Ned has mad baseball knowledge, but now he is coming across as a superior salesman as well.

I will always watch my team, root for my team, wear my team colors, and defend my team, but in my heart, I'll admit, I had doubts about what Ned was up to. Now, though, I truly feel that this team, as it is assembled, is looking pretty good and close to where we should be by opening day. I'm very much looking forward to a three-peat as NL West champs in 2010. Cooletti, you have made a believer out of me: I am excited about the way this team is shaping up.

If you are not a Dodgers fan, then please, complain about this roster. Otherwise, let the NL West best streak run to 3, you weak wanna-be's! I back the squad that Cooletti has constructed 100% 'cause I love the Dodgers the way Cooletti loves inventory, baby! So hows abouts a coupla more NRIs Ned? Some left-handers like Noah Lowry or Joe Beimel or Ron Mahay? Whatta ya say?

Weew. Getting a little hot under the collar. I better chill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment