Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bait Presentation

Holy mackerel! Jose De Leon is tipping the scales at fifth on MLB Pipeline's Top 10 RHP Prospects list. Why am I casting his name out there? Because, having emerged from obscurity, De Leon has evolved from being reeled in in the 24th round of the 2013 draft and spawning a 6.96 ERA, to leading MiLB in K's per nine in just two years. He would make a great catch for any team looking for a major league-ready starter in the bottom half of their rotation that could be cost controlled for years to come.

Please don't trust me because I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. My instinct tells me, though, that the Dodgers are shopping prospects along with some dead money like Carl Crawford.

I'll be curious to see what happens, for reel!

No comments:

Post a Comment